Taylor Swift Announces ‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ Album with 10-Minute “All Too Well”
Taylor Swift promised us that she will re-record the first six albums released under her first record label Big Machine Records. Putting aside the ugly reason behind the re-record, we cannot help be excited about the tons of rereleases and even new songs Taylor is including in her ‘Taylor’s Version’ albums. If you thought, ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ was big, check out the deal on ‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ album.
On June 18, 2021, Taylor Swift took to social media to announce the release date for the second re-recorded album ‘Red (Taylor’s Version).’ After her second studio album ‘Fearless’ was released in 2008, her fourth studio album ‘Red’ hit us hard in 2012. The album was heartbreak inspired and lived to its theme.
On top of this, ‘Red’ saw Taylor Swift moving from Country to a Pop route. Taylor did infuse heartbreak with Pop music and the formula worked. The album spawned her first US #1 hit on Billboard Hot 100 with “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” Rolling Stone magazine inducted the album onto their coveted ‘500 Greatest Albums of All Time’ list. As of June 2021, the album has sold over 14 million units worldwide!
Taylor Swift penned a long message on social media announcing the ‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ album;
I’ve always said that the world is a different place for the heartbroken. It moves on a different axis, at a different speed. Time skips backwards and forwards fleetingly. The heartbroken might go through thousands of micro-emotions a day trying to figure out how to get through it without picking up the phone to hear that old familiar voice. In the land of heartbreak, moments of strength, independence, and devil-may-care rebellion are intricately woven together with grief, paralyzing vulnerability and hopelessness. Imagining your future might always take you on a detour back to the past. And this is all to say, that the next album I’ll be releasing is my version of Red.
Musically and lyrically, Red resembled a heartbroken person. It was all over the place, a fractured mosaic of feelings that somehow all fit together in the end. Happy, free, confused, lonely, devastated, euphoric, wild, and tortured by memories past. Like trying on pieces of a new life, I went into the studio and experimented with different sounds and collaborators. And I’m not sure if it was pouring my thoughts into this album, hearing thousands of your voices sing the lyrics back to me in passionate solidarity, or if it was simply time, but something was healed along the way.
Sometimes you need to talk it over (over and over and over) for it to ever really be… over. Like your friend who calls you in the middle of the night going on and on about their ex, I just couldn’t stop writing. This will be the first time you hear all 30 songs that were meant to go on Red. And hey, one of them is even ten minutes long.
The red scarf emoji at the end of her Tweet is as clear as day.
Left my scarf there at your sister’s houseTaylor Swift – All Too Well
And you’ve still got it in your drawer, even now
Let that sink in for a second. This is the reveal of the long-anticipated 10-minute version of the “All Too Well” song. We consider this the best song of Taylor’s career. So our excitement for this album is through the roof!
‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ Album Artwork
The album artwork is a throwback to a classic Taylor Swift look we loved. A beige jacket, a brown cap, red lips, and a ‘red’ engraved ring.
‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ Album Tracklist
The tracklist below is confirmed by Taylor Swift on August 6, 2021.
- State of Grace (Taylor’s Version)
- Red (Taylor’s Version)
- Treacherous (Taylor’s Version)
- I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor’s Version)
- All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)
- 22 (Taylor’s Version)
- I Almost Do (Taylor’s Version)
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (Taylor’s Version)
- Stay Stay Stay (Taylor’s Version)
- The Last Time (Taylor’s Version) (featuring Gary Lightbody)
- Holy Ground (Taylor’s Version)
- Sad Beautiful Tragic (Taylor’s Version)
- The Lucky One (Taylor’s Version)
- Everything Has Changed (Taylor’s Version) (featuring Ed Sheeran)
- Starlight (Taylor’s Version)
- Begin Again (Taylor’s Version)
- The Moment I Knew (Taylor’s Version)
- Come Back… Be Here (Taylor’s Version)
- Girl at Home (Taylor’s Version)
- Here (Taylor’s Version)
- Ronan (Taylor’s Version)
- Better Man (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
- Nothing New Ft. Phoebe Bridges (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
- Babe (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
- Message in a Bottle (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
- I Bet You Think About Me Ft. Chris Stapleton (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
- Forever Winter (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
- Run Ft. Ed Sheeran (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
- The Very First Night (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
- All Too Well (10-minute version) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)
‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ Album Release Date
The album was originally scheduled to release on November 19, 2021, but Taylor announced that it will be released a week earlier, on November 12, 2021.
Stay tuned for the bonus tracks from the album soon. We can certainly feel a few more heartbreak-inspired anthems in the mix and maybe one or two pop tracks. And how about new features on the album? A lot of possibilities and with Taylor, you never know what is going to come out!
Let us hear what you expect from the album in the comments below? Anyone else excited?