Shawn Mendes and Khalid Drop the Most “Youth” Empowering Song Ever! (Lyrics Review)
Shawn Mendes and Khalid have teamed up to deliver an important message to the world with their brand new collaboration “Youth.” This track is a true dedication to all the youngsters out there-breaking boundaries, stereotypes and conquering the world.
“Youth” single gives an important message to all the youngsters out there: never stop working towards your dream. The world is at your fingertips.
The music video, directed by Anthony Mandler, features some 30 different youths who are conquering the world in their own diverse portfolios. The complete list of amazing youngsters featured in the music video is listed below. These talented individuals vary across spheres of painting, singing, activists, social workers, authors, professional athletes and wrestlers, dancers, actors, researchers and even a child who can pull a full-on jeep truck.
The song and the video also speak for the gun violence incidents that occur all over the world, which destroy the lives of kids all over the world–kids who could have become like the ones shown in the video.
Watch “Youth” Music Video
The amazing “Youth” who are featured on the music video are;
- Autumn de Forest, 17, Painter
- Yetunde Washinton, Nia Mandisa Parker & Lourdes Honor Taylor, 18, 20 & 19, Hiplet Dancers
- Lizzie Howell, 17, Ballerina
- Xiuhtezcatl Martinez, 18, Environmental Activist
- Hasaan Hawthorne, 20, Wrestling State Champion (Double Amputee Wrestler)
- Clawdeena, 18, Drag Performer
- Zuriel Oduwole, 16, Filmmaker / Activist
- Ahmed Mohamed, 17, Arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school
- Kojo Odu Roney, 13, Prodigal Drummer
- Giuliana Siraguso, 12, Hearing Impaired Dancer
- Donielle Hansley, 14, Dancer
- Sonita Alizadeh, 21, Rapper / Activist
- Morgan Hurd, 17, World Champion Gymnast
- D’Angelo McDade, 18, Survivor of Gun Violence
- Jahne Benthall & Lynn Yeobah, 18, 18, Northstar Academy Policy Debater
- Kadan Bart Rockett & Brooklyn Nicole Rockett 13 & 11, Kid Magicians
- David Doktorman & Isaac Segal, 18, 18, National Policy Debate Champions
- Phoenix Hunter, 8, Wrestling State Champion
- Rayna Vallandingham, 15, Martial Arts Champion
- Elias & Zion Phoenix, 12, Music Prodigies
- Mars, 18, Gender Fluid Artist
- Nassir Little, 18, All-American Basketball Player
- Parker Clark, 14, Fire Performer
- Austin Perine, 4, Superhero who feeds the homeless
- Charlotte Reidy & Gabriel Ratner, 12, 11, Shakespearean Actor
- Jack Andraka, 21, Inventor, Scientist, Cancer Researcher
“Youth” is said to have inspired out of the bombing that took place at an Ariana Grande concert on May 22nd in Manchester, UK killing 23 fans. The song is included in Shawn Mendes’ self-titled debut album, released in May 2018.
Shawn Mendes (19) and Khalid (20) are speaking to the youth around the world through this song. The inspires the youngsters to never give up; as long as they wake up to another day, they are given a million of opportunities to better themselves and better others. Seize those opportunities and never let anything break your soul. Keep true to yourself and keep pushing forward until you realize your dreams, and use those dreams to help others reach their dreams.
Shawn and Khalid admit that this process will be difficult. But the music video shows a professional wrestler who is also an amputee. So what is your excuse?
Drop in your thoughts about this amazing work of art by Shawn Mendes and Khalid on the lyrics as well as the music video. Who is your inspiration? Let the world know in the comments below.
Full Lyrics to “Youth” by Shawn Mendes and Khalid