After just 16 years and 9 studio albums, Taylor Swift needs no introduction in the music community. The Country/Pop icon has made a true mark in the music industry and has already achieved legendary status in music. In this article, we bring you the entire collection of vinyl of Taylor Swift’s albums.
We have extensively gone through different songs and albums from Taylor Swift’s discography all throughout the Justrandomthings Music blog. If you are interested, we have a complete list of all Taylor Swift’s albums and songs, and album artworks here, where you can find digital download links for the albums.
Album vinyl is not for the average Taylor Swift fan. Album vinyl is more expensive than iTunes or Amazon Music digital downloads. So, these vinyl are only for the hardcore Swifties. But there are other benefits of going for vinyl over digital downloads, too.
Why buy Taylor Swift’s album vinyl?
Music consumption has come through many stages over the years. We had cassettes, CDs, vinyl, digital downloads, and streaming. Each has its own merits and demerits. Wait, streaming has demerits? Yes, despite the convenience of use anywhere you want, streaming goes through a LOT of compressions to make them available for millions of users at once. Compression chips away quality. While you may not be able to tell a quality issue if you only listen to a digital album and music streams if you play the song on vinyl and Spotify side-by-side, you might notice some differences.
So, this is how you benefit from buying vinyl instead of digital downloads;
- Better sound quality – lossless music recorded directly on the disc,
- Elevates your music game – with better sound comes a better appreciation of music and you can taste every bit of coloring the artist and the music producers poured onto the track,
- Vinyl collections – vinyl will retain value much longer than digital streams. They might even appreciate in value, which in Taylor Swift’s case, is a very high possibility,
- Your own cupboard of vinyl – you can build a very nice, vintage-looking, vinyl rack complete of all Taylor Swift albums,
- Supporting Taylor Swift – vinyl discs are expensive, which means the artists earn a little more than usual.
The disadvantages of vinyl discs are that like all physical products, they are torn to physical wear and tear. However, if you take care of them well and play them every once in a while when you have Swiftie parties, you are good to hold them for a lifetime.
How to play vinyl records?
This is where getting ready for vinyl music experience is going to cost you a bit. You need a few physical equipment to play vinyl records.
These are the items you need to play vinyl records;
- Preamp (built-in or external)
- Amplifier / stereo system
- Speakers / headphones
The below image shows how everything fits in together for the ultimate music listening experience.
The turntable is where the vinyl disc goes on. The arm on the turntable will be placed on the disc and it will read the music imprint on the disc and send a signal to be converted to sound. All the technical jargon aside, turntables can cost anywhere from $50 to over $1,000 depending on the features they pack.
When you purchase a turntable pay attention to whether they include a built-in preamp or not. You can either go for built-in or use an external preamp.
This turntable by Audio-Technica does not include a preamp;
This turntable by Pro-Ject comes with a built-in preamp;
The below turntable by Danfi Audio DF only costs $70 and comes with built-in speakers;
There are a lot more choices on Amazon, so you can pick one that fits your budget.
A preamplifier or a preamp is an electronic amplifier that converts a weak electrical signal into an output signal strong enough to be noise-tolerant and strong enough for further processing, or for playback via a loudspeaker.
Preamps are pretty inexpensive compared to other items on the list. But before you buy a preamp, be aware of the following;
- Some turntables have preamps built-in
- Some amplifiers or stereo systems (#3 on the list) also have preamps built-in
- If your turntable has a USB output, it has a built-in preamp
- If you buy an external preamp, you need to buy the RCA cables to connect everything together, too.
Preamps can cost anywhere from $20 to over $400 on Amazon.
(3) Amplifier / stereo system
Stereo Amplifier is basically a power amplifier whose main function is to enhance low power audio to highly enlarged audios which have enough power to be accepted by a loudspeaker or any stereo speaker.
Amplifiers can also cost anywhere from $100 to over $1,000 on Amazon. Just make sure whatever you buy has PHONO input mentioned on it.
(4) Speakers / Headphones
This is fairly straighforward. These are your audio output devices. Almost all stereo sets support 3.5mm jacks which is likely same as your headphone jack. There are also bluetooth or wifi enabled speakers and headphones which can be connected to same techs in the stereo system.
A classic looking bookshelf style speakers cost around $100 on Amazon. Good noise-cancelling and wireless headphones actually cost more than speakers.
Now that we have the turntable system out of the way, let’s get to the album list of Taylor Swift.
Taylor Swift Album Vinyl Records
(1) ‘Taylor Swift’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘Taylor Swift’ vinyl on Amazon for $59.99
(2) Taylor Swift ‘Fearless’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘Fearless’ album vinyl on Amazon for $33.96
(3) Taylor Swift ‘Speak Now’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘Speak Now’ album vinyl on Amazon for $49.96
(4) Taylor Swift ‘Red’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘Red’ album vinyl on Amazon for $99.99
(5) Taylor Swift ‘1989’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘1989’ album vinyl on Amazon for $99.99
(6) Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘Reputation’ album vinyl on Amazon for $102.96
(7) Taylor Swift ‘Lover’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘Lover’ album vinyl on Amazon for $56.67
(8) Taylor Swift ‘Folklore’ Album Vinyl
Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ album shipped out in a few varieties of vinyl records as well. The major changes were vinyl disc colors and cover artworks (AKA aesthetics). Yup, Taylor Swift is a pretty clever businesswoman!
(9) ‘evermore’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘evermore’ album vinyl on Amazon for $41.78
(10) ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘Fearless (Taylor’s Version)’ album vinyl on Amazon for $39.98
(11) ‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ Album Vinyl
Buy ‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ album vinyl on official store for $64.99
This is it so far; the complete list of vinyl records for all Taylor Swift albums. This article will be an ongoing project. It will be updated with new music Taylor Swift releases with their vinyl counterparts.
Let us hear your vinyl experience of Taylor’s albums in the comments below. Did we miss anything? Help us make this article complete.
Enjoy Taylor’s music in high-fidelity on vinyl!