Taylor Swift is just 24 years old (December 13, 1989 is her birthday). However Taylor Swift has climbed the ladder of success like no other 24 year-old could have even dreamed of. She is genuinely talented-not only as a singer, but also as an accomplished song writer and an entertainer. Taylor has released 4 studio albums so far and the fifth ‘1989’ is just around the corner. As of now (pre-1989) Taylor Swift has around 80 tracks released throughout the 4 albums and other non-album tracks. So it will be rather a difficult task to pick a top 20 list, but here is my effort.
Best Songs of ‘Taylor Swift’ (2006)
This was the first studio album and was self titled. This album is the one which opened everyone’s eyes about this rising talented artist.
1. Tear Drops on My Guitar (absolutely loved this track back then and love it still)
2. Tied Together with a Smile
3. Invisible (a bonus track on the album and it was very nice)
Best Songs of ‘Fearless’ (2008)
This was THE album for Taylor Swift back then. It was a massive hit. The album won 4 Grammy Awards, and won Best Album of The Year, also it was the best selling album in the US in 2009.
4. Fearless (absolutely LOVE this song. The lyrics, the tunes and the emotions…)
5. Love Story (the first ever song I heard of Taylor Swift and instantly fell in love.)
6. White Horse (another brilliant song)
7. You Belong with Me (coupled with a hugely successful music video)
8. Untouchable (released with the Platinum edition of the album)
Best Songs of ‘Speak Now’ (2010)
The success continues. Speak Now sold over 1 million copies in the first week of release.
10. Back to December (a brilliant song about an ex boyfriend)
11. Mean (this single alone won 2 Grammy awards)
12. Haunted (rather a POP song and amazing lyrics)
13. Enchanted (a beautiful enchanting song)
Best Songs of ‘RED’ (2012)
RED was yet another huge success, selling over 1.2 million copies in the opening week, which is a record broken over a decade old.
16. I Knew You Were Trouble (a massive hit around the world)
17. 22 (absolutely love the break-free tone of the song)
18. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
19. The Last Time (featuring Gary Lightbody, a perfect combo of voices)
20. Everything Has Changed (an epic song featuring Ed Sheeran)
I think i have failed in making the list. There are a few more brilliant tracks that I want to see on this list. But then again I don’t see any track that I can remove from the list either. So I will let it be for now. It is not easy picking out a set of best songs of Taylor Swift when you adore her music.
If you think a song should get in to the list or out of the list comment below. Maybe I forgot a track or two.